Monday, March 29, 2010

Remember Me!!!

Remember me when I'm gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of our future that you plann'd:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel them or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad.

- Christina Georgina Rossetti

Found this in a book I was reading. I just sat with it for a while. It is amazing to chance upon such a beauty. So I share this to make y'all smile...

5 comments:

Hrishikesh Ranjalkar said...

Good one. Beautiful piece.

No smile here though....

Sirisha Kurada said...

Why re????

Shruti said...

I read this poem sometime in English literature in high school..Years later, the impact does not dim down. Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad
.. Beautiful!!!

Hrishikesh Ranjalkar said...

Coz its a poem of departure in some sense...

Satish K Mantha said...

Please keep sharing any such beautiful pieces. :-) Struck deeply with this one.