Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Copying a Friend..... "My Unforgettables List - Instrumentals"

One of my earlier posts refers to this song that I just couldn't get my mind off. Well here is another list for those who dare (because I am talking about addiction).

A musical genius!!!???? Na. He just a guy like you and me. IITM alumnus (1999 batch i guess!). He came to study Nav Arch but decided to follow his heart to where the strings led him. If you still haven't guessed who it is, it is PRASANNA. He has created some really fantastic tunes and trust me you'll be wondering why you didn't discover these songs earlier. So go ahead try some of my favourite compositions. I have to thank saf for introducing me to these songs.

Peaceful - the cause: A tad slow but it will be the cause of peace in your world.
Peaceful - the effect: The peppy one.
Ragabop, Kalyani connection, takatakita, eruption in bangalore (awesome if you like heavy distortion guitar) and Snakebangers ball(Rocks!!!) among others are some you should not miss.

This is snakebanger's ball...



This is another suggestion from a friend "Dark Sundae in Triplicane"




As this is an instrumentals list I just have to mention this totally brilliant piece from the soundtrack of the movie "Requiem for a Dream"

The original theme of this movie is a brilliant violin piece by Clint Mansell, mixed with some bass giving an overall effect of looming darkness, as though trying to engulf you, pulling you away and keeping you rooted, portraying pain at the same time taking away your frustration. Simply put - Amazing




Oh although its not an instrumental piece completely "Shippin' up to Boston" by the Drop Kick Murphys is pretty good. When I first heard it in an ad I searched all over the net for that haunting bagpipe music.

Talking of bagpipes........ "No man's land" by Hevia is a must. Although other songs of this album are good, No man's land will be the first to capture your attention. I did capture mine.

That's all I can think of now...do let me know of other instrumentals that I might have missed. :)

8 comments:

Satish K Mantha said...

not that i'm looking for an easy way out, but, it'd be helpful if you'd post the links for these recommendations. :-)

'requiem for a dream' has not just an amazing track, but also a gripping movie!

Psaffy said...

nasika blues, pot belly blues, iguana on a funky trail, dark sunday in triplicane are a few prasanna songs.

Anesthesia -pulling teeth, the long solo of freebird, cliffs of dover, van halen- eruption etc..

movie themes, godfather theme - slash, beautiful mind theme, dead poets society theme, LOTR themes..etc..

Sirisha Kurada said...

Indeed.....DPS theme is awesome... :)

I'm yet to watch the movie Requiem for a Dream

Unfortunately i don't have many links but will try to the best I can

Amrut said...

I think he was more like '91 batch. or '89... in any case not '99.

Sirisha Kurada said...

Oops I stand corrected...1990 batch

Shruti said...

If its instrumentals you are looking for try Vanessa Mae's works. The violin is amazing!!

Shruti said...

And ya one can never forget Mausam and Escape when it comes to instrumentals. ARR rocks!

Apurv said...

I've heard only Prasanna's instrumentals and Requiem for a dream theme. You only introduced me to these. Will listen to others. thanks for the suggestions though!