Friday, September 01, 2006

A friend of mine made me read a poem which inspired me and made me think....
It was so true and in front of my eyes,yet it took me so long to realise that life was calling......and where was I?

This is what I would call 'Coming back to life....!'

My life was what I had made it, a mess,
For i could see nothing but the sorrow and stress.
Somewhere down the road, I had lost my way,
Somehow I forgot to appreciate the singing birds and the enjoy flowers sway.
Now everytime I think of it, gives me a jitter,
How strange it is, for the only taste of life i perceived was bitter.
A mistake, I seemed to be making,
Every night I wished to sleep forever, without waking.
Am I so bad, I always thought,
A feeling of guilt i always fought.
People around me seemed worried,
The more they coaxed, the farther, from truth I scurried.
But oneday I stopped and turned,
Only to realise, this exile was imposed and not earned.
Things became clear and shined in a new light,
My life had seen dawn after a long night.
I wondered, 'Bitter!!!?? Was that me?',
The one, who for some fun, wouldn't mind scraping a knee.
I realised I was being stupid and dumb,
I was so 'not me',so lifeless and numb.
In life, planning and expectations, there will be some,
But I decided 'lets stop being disappointed and take things as they come'.
I came back to life, oh yes I did,
My life stood beside me and waited patiently, as I made my bid.
Still somewhere in the dark are lurking the ghosts of my past,
But now they dont bother me, for my sunshine is here to last.

No comments: